Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pacific Ocean


View of the Pacific Ocean from the beach in Puerto Vallarta.

Watercolor, 4x6 inches on paper -- same size as a wish-you-were-here postcard.

As you can see from my
recent ACEO post, I spent a few days last week in Puerto Vallarta basking on the beach. To challenge myself, I took some watercolor brushes and did a little sketching. I've never been brave enough to do that -- I mean, what if they stink? What if someone sees me?

So, I compromised. I didn't paint in public. I painted on my balcony, sometimes from life (see upcoming post of mountains - what did I say about something stinking?), sometimes from memory (as this one), and sometimes from photos.

I spent one evening playing with my camera at sunset, trying all the settings that I never use. Got some great shots and some interesting ideas for paintings.

Stay tuned...

Post a Comment