Thursday, June 12, 2008

Clematis on the Lampost


So this isn't exactly IN my studio -- it's OUTSIDE my studio. And I've been working on it, but not as an art project. It's been my gardening project. But let's not split hairs. Let's just enjoy it.

I planted this clematis last year, and it looked pathetic all summer. Over the winter it turned into a scrawny bare stick. It was a goner for sure.

Well, this spring it greened up and started growing. And grow it did -- right up the trellis and up the lamp post and all over the place.

This bloom was the first to open. It's a full 6 inches across, at least. Here's hoping for more like it.

UPDATE, SATURDAY, JUNE 14: It's a goner. The bunnies chewed through the stalk about an inch above the ground, so the vine is dying. Very sad. I'll replace it with another one, but will put chicken wire or something around it to keep out the bunnies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sure was beautiful!!!! glad to see you are doing some "art".

lifeneedsart said...

Glad you like it. I have big plans for this little flower. :)