Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've Been Accepted to Art-o-mat!


Hurray! I'm so excited! The kind folks at Art-o-mat have approved my prototypes. I sent off my samples a little over a week ago, and just heard from them last night that it's a GO!

What's Art-o-Mat? It's a project where vintage cigarette vending machines have been converted to dispensing miniature artworks. They have 82 machines around the U.S.

I sent 2 prototypes: the little blue fish to the left and the yellow flower below.


The artworks must be the size of a pack of cigarettes so they fit through the machines. Mine are painted on blocks of wood.
This photo shows the thickness of the piece of wood.

The background is painted with acrylic paints, and the fish and flower are cut from my favorite origami paper.

Take a look around their web site and see if you have an Art-o-Mat machine in your neighborhood:

http://www.artomat.org/

Next step -- get more blocks of wood and start painting!

Post a Comment