Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've Been Accepted to Art-o-mat!


Hurray! I'm so excited! The kind folks at Art-o-mat have approved my prototypes. I sent off my samples a little over a week ago, and just heard from them last night that it's a GO!

What's Art-o-Mat? It's a project where vintage cigarette vending machines have been converted to dispensing miniature artworks. They have 82 machines around the U.S.

I sent 2 prototypes: the little blue fish to the left and the yellow flower below.


The artworks must be the size of a pack of cigarettes so they fit through the machines. Mine are painted on blocks of wood.
This photo shows the thickness of the piece of wood.

The background is painted with acrylic paints, and the fish and flower are cut from my favorite origami paper.

Take a look around their web site and see if you have an Art-o-Mat machine in your neighborhood:

http://www.artomat.org/

Next step -- get more blocks of wood and start painting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats ! Love the fish and flower. I will have to
check this Art-O-Mat out.

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks! Artomat is very cool.

(Sorry for the comment moderation. I've been getting majorly spammed today. Hopefully it won't continue for very long.)

Barbara said...

That's great! You're going to love it. I also have a list on my blog of artomat artists. Be sure to follow me: http://sunfluerdesigns.blogspot.com

Nothing Profound said...

This is great stuff. Never heard of artomat before. Wonder if it exists in the New York Area. I love small art works, brevity is my passion. I write aphorisms myself.

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

I really love the flower! Artomat is such a great idea. I'm going to check out their site and see where the closest one is to me.

Carlynne Hershberger

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Barbara, for adding me to your blog! I like that you call the artomat works "art blocks".

Carlynne -- thanks for dropping by. I really like your blog.

Nothing Profound -- yes, there are machines in New York State. Are any close to you? http://www.artomat.org/machinesbystate.php