Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Week 26 - MidYear

Do you read Cheryl Richardson's newsletter? I do, and I really like it. Each week she talks about some small positive change you can make in your life and suggests a small action to take.

This week's newsletter was a reminder that we've finished Week 26 for this year, and suggested to review the changes we've made over the past 6 months, and celebrate our successes. The newsletter is here: Life Review: Inventory Your Success

I normally try to do that anyway, so the newsletter was a good reminder to make the time to do it. It reminded me to review my word for the year, which is "Path" and see how I'm doing on that.

Positive Changes So Far This Year:

  • I have slowed down and learned to concentrate on one thing at a time. I'm in the moment more, and do less multitasking. That's a positive change because I tend to try to do too much at once and find myself distracted. Being present is a good change.

  • I'm learning to limit my computer and email time. Yes, they're important, but so are other things. It's all about balance. And, I know I've lost some blog followers because I don't post as frequently as I might, but in return I've spent more time painting.

  • I'm listening more to my body, especially when it needs rest. I have had a lifelong habit of resisting sleep and trying to cram too much into too few hours. Being adequately rested carries so many positive aspects through my day -- better concentration, better focus, more even temper, better choices, and so on -- that's it's worth the extra hour of sleep.

  • I've cleaned and organized my studio to use the space more efficiently. I bought a couple of cabinets and a set of shelves so that I can put things away, reduce clutter and yet still find them when I want them! I can even run the vacuum without the risk of losing something important. That's so cool. Consequently, I use my studio more.

  • I've taken some risks and put my art out for more people to see. I've applied and been accepted to Artomat. My ACEOs are now stocked at Artefino Gallery. I entered the Clothesline show in Hudson, which I haven't done for several years.
So that's my list, so far. I'll add to it as I think of other things.

How's your year going? What positive changes have you made? And how do you plan to celebrate your successes?

No comments: