Saturday, July 04, 2009

Artomat WIP #3 - Middle Colors


Now we're getting to the fun stuff! This is where the colors get interesting.

I brushed plain water onto a block, then dropped in diluted paint in different colors. The paint swirled and blended on its own, depending on how much water was on the block and how much water was in the paint. Each color behaved differently. Each block has a different pattern of colors.

It's fun to see how the blocks progress because the color change so much as they dry. They start out looking outrageously dark or bright, but blend nicely and become subtle.


In case you missed the earlier steps, here they are:

Now I'd better get back there and wash out those brushes before they harden up.

Stay tuned for Step 4....

2 comments:

Leah said...

Fun! I love seeing all the little pieces together. So colorful!

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Leah! I always like seeing other people's WIPs; figured it was time to do my own.