Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fun With Bubbles

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take photos of yourself blowing bubbles? In my case, it was dang near impossible.

I had a good time trying, though.



So why bubbles? I'm involved in an art swap with Liz Crain. Her contribution was a ceramic jar that says "bubble soap" across the front. Well, before I alter the jar, I just had to try it out for its intended purpose. Naturally, I had a lot of fun with it.


Hurray for digital cameras -- I could point, shoot, delete to my heart's content. I would blow a bubble, snap the shutter, and the check the preview. 9 times out of 10 (ok, more than that), I either had the camera tipped at a dizzying angle, or I missed myself completely.

I managed to catch a few of them just as they popped -- I like those photos a lot. Can you see the bit of spray in the lower right -- that's a bubble caught as it's popping.



And, then, I tried to get a pic of the bubbles as they floated away. Do they move fast!

Good thing my neighbors weren't home; they would have thought I was nuts the way I was laughing over here.



A
s you can see, I played till it nearly got dark. Just like being a kid again.


1 comment:

Liz Crain said...

This is getting really magical! I was right with you in the ethereal twilight of bursting bubbles. You got such nice shots and I would have loved to have heard you laughing! I enjoy our Art Swap pacing here: now you get to tell YOUR tale!