Monday, August 09, 2010

Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

It's that time again. I've received my sketchbook for the next project, and it's time to get started. My theme this year is "Facing Forward", and I chose a book with a lovely red cover. It should be an interesting theme to explore. 

So far, 10,000 people - yes that's right - are participating. Imagine that: 10,000 sketchbooks touring the country.

The books will go to Brooklyn, Atlanta, Chicago, Austin, Seattle, San Francisco, and Portland, Maine. I'm excited about Austin - the books will be at the SXSW festival on March 12, my birthday!

There's still time to sign up and some fantastic themes still left. Check it out:

And here's a link to my entry for the last sketchbook project:
http://lifeneedsart.blogspot.com/2010/01/forgetting-to-call-you-back.html

4 comments:

Amanda said...

nice - i chose the same colour & theme as you! my book arrived last week - already got started! :)

lifeneedsart said...

Hi Amanda - that's so cool that we have the same book and theme! You're ahead of me, tho since I haven't started yet.

Post a link to your pix when you have some.

--Karen

Kathleen Harrington said...

I love this idea! I just signed up too!

lifeneedsart said...

Oh, excellent, Kathleen! I can't wait to see hwat you do.

What theme did you choose?