Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lots of Paper Cutouts

The next step for the Art-o-mat paintings is to get a little shape cut out origami paper. 50 paintings means 50 cut outs. So I've been busy cutting out little fish, flowers, snowflakes, and whatnot.

I found a different type of paper recently: it is a softly colored paper with a shiny floral design and tiny gold flakes printed on it. It's lovely. I used that paper for some shapes and my brightly paterned paper for others.

Now that I have enough shapes, I will place them on the painted blocks. It usually takes me several days to arrange them, trying different shapes on different blocks. When I'm happy with the arrangements, I will use acrylic matte medium to glue them down.

1 comment:

lifeneedsart said...

Wow, those photos are terrible! Sorry. They looked much better last night. - Karen