Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Progress on Art-o-Mat Paintings


Progress! The blocks all have had 2 coats of gesso and then 2 coats of acrylic paint. This paint is just the background color. They still need lots of work yet, but I'm happy to have gotten this far. The background coats take a lot of time but I enjoy it. Maybe in a previous life I was an elf in Santa's workshop who painted wooden toys or something.

This time, I've tried a slightly darker shade of blue and also red ones. The red ones are really cool - I added a little bit of iridescent paint to the red, so they actually have a bit of shimmer and look kind of a coppery.

Stay tuned...

Post a Comment