Sunday, January 17, 2010

Panache Figs, Finished

I finished the fig painting today. (See the work in progess here: http://lifeneedsart.blogspot.com/2009/12/panache-figs-in-progress.html .) I'm happy with it; it ended up being pretty much how I'd envisioned it.

Oh, of course, there are things I'd change. For instance, I'd make the figs larger so they fill the canvas. So I started a second version today to see how that idea might work out.


This one is 8 x 10 inches, acrylic on canvas. Here are a couple details:


6 comments:

Regina said...

The figs look yummy. You have used a refreshing color scheme that is so happy.

Hybrid J said...

I love the green you used on the figs. They are very refreshing. Nice work!

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, folks, for the kind comments! I have such fond memories of gathering figs as a kid as well as vacationing at a place with wonderful fig trees this past summer. I'm glad that my delight came through!

cheryl @ mandala oasis said...

These look good enough to eat. You do beautiful work.. makes me smile. thank you!

Lynn said...

The figs are really beuatiful, bu the sky took my breath away.

lifeneedsart said...

Wow, thanks, Lynn! I don't normally paint skies because they intimidate me.