Sunday, January 10, 2010

Study of a Fig

The fig painting from last week is almost finished. I'm down to the last little fiddles and tweaks. In the meantime, I did this little study of a fig, just because I was having so much fun with the shape.

Figs are one of my favorite foods, and also one of my fondest childhood memories. When I was little, once a year we'd go visit a friend of my mom's and pick figs from the tree in her yard. Rips figs straight off the tree -- heaven! To this day, I can't pass up a fig in almost any form.

This one is 6 x 4 inches, painted with acrylics on paper.

If you're interested, this one is available in my Etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38242631

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the fig study. Me I only like them fresh. My memory is of eating them straight off my Grandmother's trees. Now I have trees in my yard and my grandchildren do the same, for awhile they called them pigs.