Friday, June 11, 2010

Painting Workshop, Day 2

The day went along without any explosions, fortunately. We used powdered water-soluble dyes that we sprinkled on either dry or wet paper.  If they went on dry paper, we'd spritz them with water from a spray bottle. 

Either way, when they hit water, they...blossomed. I prefer that to "explode", but the effect is the same. They'd rehydrate and spread.
We tried all kinds of techniques to manipulate them on the paper. Watercolor is not my medium, so I struggled today. Ended up with one I like, one I want to throw away, and one that needs more work before making a decision.

Look familiar?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check it out - this class looks so wonderful.

lifeneedsart said...

It really was. It was a good way to try several new techniques and nudge me out of a rut.