Saturday, June 12, 2010

Painting Workshop, Day 3

Again, another interesting and productive day. Today was collage, but the process was backwards from the way I normally do collage. We started by pasting collage elements randomly on our paper first, then went back in with watercolor to tie them together. 

Not sure that my attempt is salvagable, but I'll let it dry and see how it looks with fresh eyes another day.

The first 3 photos are the instructor's demo.  The last one is my sad attempt for the day.






2 comments:

red road studio said...

Interesting idea Karen - thanks for sharing it as I had never thought of trying this. I think I'll try it out and then give it to my art students as a project - Thank you - what a happy find! Cheers jay
http://ziggyandfriends.blogspot.com/

lifeneedsart said...

Hi Jay - glad you liked it! Let me know how your students do. - Karen