Monday, February 23, 2009

7 Word Bio

Do you read the Accidental Creative?

They started a feature recently about writing your 7-word bio. Can you describe what you do in just 7 words? Think of it as your laser beam intro, a way to describe what you do quickly, clearly, and concisely so that your listener “gets it”.


Ok, I’ve been playing with mine. Whittling it down to 7 words is tough! But here are some drafts:


  • I paint small abstracts with lots of layers. (8)
  • Small abstract paintings with a big impact. (7) Not bad, but a bit vague.
  • Abstract paintings with transparent layers of bold colors. (8) Eh.
  • Small abstract paintings with bold transparent colors. (7) I like that one.

I think I’m on the right path, but I’ll keep tweaking for a while.


Give it a try, and head over to Accidental Creative to see what everyone else is thinking up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats kool..I like all of yours..Im heading over..!!

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Robin! I checked out your bio on the AC site -- love it!

Karen said...

Hi Karen, Good to come over to your blog! What a fantastic, and difficult idea. I have to think on this one...

Really like the ACEO's...I was not familiar with these before. I look forward to seeing more!

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Karen, for stopping by. It's tough to be concise and coherent with so few words. Kind of like the ACEOs: a complete thought in a small size. Very challenging. :)

Claire said...

I will try that. Great ideas you share--so great I'm giving you the Kreativ Blogger Award. You can visit my blog and pick it up.

http://clairesheartspace.blogspot.com