Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Designing a New Website - Days 16 and 17

So, I haven't been making art for the past couple days - instead, I've been making a new home for my art.

I'm working with someone who designing and building a new site for me. I've been wanting to redo the site for about a year, but just haven't been able to get it to the top of my priority list. My old site was lovely, but I put it together on a snowy Saturday afternoon many years ago using Notepad and Paint, and, well, it showed. It was fine for a while, but I'm ready to grow and take my art to a new level, so it needs an appropriate showplace.

The new site will be something crisp and clean and modern. Easy to update. Searchable. With room for expansion.

I'm ever so impressed by those artists who can do it all with grace and ease, but I've come to the very real realization that I simply can't. My time is limited and I have to choose wisely how to spend it. So outsourcing website development makes an awful lot of sense.

It was a lovely feeling tonight to walk away from our meeting tonight knowing that my website was in good hands. 

The new site should be up in a week or so.