Sunday, November 07, 2010

Finishing - Day 7


Here we are at the end of week 1 of Art Every Day Month. In all honesty, I felt a little scattered this week. I jumped in determined to do something wonderful outstanding brilliant every day and then jumped from one thing to another.

Well.

In reality, I've finished a few things that I'd started a while ago and started a few new ones. I've resolved to explore new things - media, sizes, colors, styles - and see where they lead.

I've done some journaling every day, which is crucial for me. Journaling for me is like sweeping: it clears away the dust and cobwebs so I can see what's really underneath.

I've decided to look at this month as a journey, not a race.

So today I finished my newsletter for my art group - it's all stamped and sealed and ready to go to the post office.

I baked cupcakes, just because.

I worked on labeling and wrapping my Art-o-mat paintings. I want them done and in the mail by the end of the week.

All in all, a fine week.

Post a Comment