Sunday, November 07, 2010

Finishing - Day 7


Here we are at the end of week 1 of Art Every Day Month. In all honesty, I felt a little scattered this week. I jumped in determined to do something wonderful outstanding brilliant every day and then jumped from one thing to another.

Well.

In reality, I've finished a few things that I'd started a while ago and started a few new ones. I've resolved to explore new things - media, sizes, colors, styles - and see where they lead.

I've done some journaling every day, which is crucial for me. Journaling for me is like sweeping: it clears away the dust and cobwebs so I can see what's really underneath.

I've decided to look at this month as a journey, not a race.

So today I finished my newsletter for my art group - it's all stamped and sealed and ready to go to the post office.

I baked cupcakes, just because.

I worked on labeling and wrapping my Art-o-mat paintings. I want them done and in the mail by the end of the week.

All in all, a fine week.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Yes! I love that you're looking at this like a journey and not a race. It's the best way to live a creative life.

The cupcakes look scrumptious.

Mary said...

I love cupcakes! These look delicious.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Agreed! A fine week... (from another project leaper and jumper and wisher I could be more focused and laserly and sometimes, it just isn't there yet!)

And now you've made me hungry!

See my daily check in here.

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, all! The cupcakes were pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. :)

I'm off to check out what you've been up to lately....