Friday, November 12, 2010

Enjoying Art, Take 2 - Day 12

Today started out with the best of intentions of creating art, maybe making progress on something that's in the works.

Well, instead it ended up with another attempt at enjoying art. I found out that an artist friend of mine, who I haven't seen since college, was going to be at the Cleveland Museum of Art today for a few hours.What luck!

So with a quick change of plans and a few phone calls to rearrange some other activities, I dashed off to the museum. We had a short visit, 30-40 minutes, but it was great! 

It started with the "tell me everything you've done in the past 2 decades. In 30 seconds. Go!" game. After that, we got down to discussing art. Good conversation. 

I took a few minutes afterward to wander the galleries and check in with some of my favorite pieces.

Made my day.

3 comments:

Leah said...

sounds like a great time, karen!

Unknown said...

Random adventures are fun! Glad you suggested meeting up. Oh, you went to go look at art? What are the favorite pieces you had to make sure were doing ok?

lifeneedsart said...

Oh, the usuals. Had to take a walk thru the Americas to be sure everyone was behaving. And a stop in the contemporary room to say hi to the Calder. Saw a deKooning I hadn't met before. And the new sculpture room. I love that space.